Thursday, September 1, 2011

Don't Give Up - The Mt Hood Story


You can't ever give up on life, even when the clouds and storms are raging. This is something I learned first hand while visiting Mt Hood, Oregon this summer. Mt Hood is almost open year round, making it the perfect training ground for the best skiers and snowboarders in the world.


Photobucket

Clouds, Rain

My visit to Mt Hood was 7 days long and a trip I will never forget. Life tends to teach you valuable lessons at the most opportune times and I would like to try to explain one that happened to me while at Mt Hood.

I arrived at the base of Mt Hood around 7 am. It was raining and cloudy. This is not the ideal conditions for summer training, but many times you have to brave the storms. I got on the lift in the pouring rain. The life ride was miserable. I was wet and cold and I wanted to give up and turn around. I got off the first lift and could not see 3 feet in front of me. I got on the second lift and it was raining and blowing even harder. Just when I was about to lose hope and give up I broke through the clouds into the blue sky. I could not believe it, I was above the storm. I was in the blue sky and the sun never felt better.


Photobucket

Above the Clouds

As the sun hit my wet face and I looked back upon the storm, I had a thought that made the experience even more meaningful. We all have storms, these storms many times rage in our lives and try to get us to give up on life or turnaround on our dreams. Remember one thing, the storm will pass, be patient, have faith because the sun and blue skies are waiting. Never Give Up.

Never Give Up

"I've learned that no matter what happens or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow. You gain strength, courage, & confidence from every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face." - Anonymous

No comments: