Monday, December 10, 2012

The 12 Brain Rules


12 brain rules could have a huge impact on our lives. Seriously, we can learn to use our brains to unleash success in life, work, home, and school.


I just finished reading a book called Brain Rules by John Medina. I learned a lot of insights that I can apply to business, life, and home. I am going to write 2 to 3 blog posts about what I learned from reading the book. First, let me introduce you to the 12 brain rules.



The 12 Brain Rules  

1. Exercise - Exercise boost brain power
2. Survival - The brain evolved, too
3. Wiring - Every brain is wired differently
4. Attention - We don't pay attention to boring things
5. Short-Term Memory - Repeat to remember
6. Long-Term Memory -  Remember to repeat
7. Sleep - Sleep well, think well
8. Stress - Stressed brains don't learn the same way
9. Sensory Integration - Stimulate more of the senses
10. Vision - Vision trumps all other senses
11. Gender - Male and female brains are different
12. Exploration - We are powerful and natural explorers

The book discusses each of these 12 brain rules in detail. The 3 rules that were most interesting to me were the brain rules about exercise, sleep, and stress. These three rules can have a positive impact on our lives. They also can have a negative impact on our lives. 

You can follow me on twitter here


No comments: