Friday, November 27, 2009

6 Management Tips from "The Blind Side" Movie

Last night I saw The Blind Side with my family. This movie is the type of the movie that leaves an impact on your life. It reminds each of us of the great things that happen when we look at life a little differently and believe in what people are to become. Leigh Anne Touhy reminds me of my mom. My mom always knows who I am to become and reminds me of my true potential.


I also took away 6 management tips from the movie:


1. Recognize individual strengths of team members and allow each team member to use their strengths.

2. Know your team, understand how each team member learns and excels.

3. See what people are to become, their hidden potential, and coach them to that potential.

4. Have perspective, look at things differently.

5. Be the "I got your back" manager, your team will do anything for you.

6. Golden Rule, treat others, how you want to be treated.


The Touhy Family with Michael Oher. The Blind Side was based on the true story of Michael Oher and Leigh Anne Tuoghy, who saw the potential of Michael Oher.

No comments: