Monday, November 23, 2009

Practice, Practice, Practice, Perform

When I was 10 years old, I was in gymnastics. Everyday I practiced my gymnastic tricks at the gymnastics center. On the wall in the gym was this saying, "To perform like a champion, you must practice like one." Each day I would read this saying and I would practice, practice, practice. I quickly realized at gymnastics competitions that how I practiced during the weeks leading up to a competition was how I performed. Since 10 years old, this saying has been a big influence on how I approach life and my professional endeavors.



Burke Alder practicing throwing backflip iron crosses into the Utah Olympic Park pool. Watch the video here


The water ramps at the Utah Olympic Park (UOP) in Park City are the perfect place to practice ski air tricks. The water ramps allow for repetition of air tricks, which enhances performance. Like I mentioned above "To perform like a champion, you must practice like one." Below are three things I have learned that drive excellence and success whether you are water ramping in Park City, marketing, presenting to a group, running a business, or living life:


1. Have positive thoughts: If you can believe it, you can achieve it.

2. Don't doubt: Once you have committed, don't doubt, give it your all.

3. Practice, practice, practice like a champion: You will perform like a champion at the opportune moment.

No comments: