Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Power of Perspective

A few weeks ago while doing business in New York, I went to the Broadway Play Wicked. The show inspired me. The music, the costumes, the set, and the actors were what you would expect from a Broadway Play in New York, amazing! Theater with music has power to lift lives, and so was my mine, I was truly inspired by the Broadway Play Wicked.


Three Life Lessons I Learned From the Broadway Play Wicked:

1. Perspective: I remember the first time I watched The Wizard of OZ, I was frightened by the witch. I only saw one perspective. Wicked painted a very different perspective of the witch. So for life lesson #1: It is important to not to jump to conclusions having only one perspective. There is power seeing multiple perspectives of life and our perceptions. Here's to you Elphaba!

2. Defy Gravity: Elphaba sings these profound words in the middle of Wicked, "Something has changed within me, something is not the same. I'm through with playing the rules of someone else's game. Too late for second guessing, too late to go back to sleep. It's time to trust my instincts, close my eyes and leap. It's time to try defying gravity, I think I'll try defying gravity. Kiss me goodbye, I am defying gravity and you won't bring me down." So for life lesson #2: Set high goals, believe, don't listen to the doubts of others, DEFY GRAVITY!

3. Talents: Each of us are born with specific talents, talents that make us unique and different. So for life lesson #3: Learn what your talents are, practice them, and use them to make the world a better place.

No comments: