Tuesday, July 13, 2010

3 Daily Focuses for Living a Fulfilled Life

The Team Hoyt Story

A few months ago I attended an Ironman Kickoff Event at my close friend's house. There was a DVD playing that showcased inspirational stories from Ironman competitions. One of the stories I watched has been a big influence in my life over the past months and I want to share it with you.

To understand the power of the video clip below, you must first understand the magnitude of an Ironman. An Ironman consists of a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike ride, and a 26.2 mile run. Those who participcate and fiinish Ironman races talk about the impact it has on their lives. Now the stage is set for the Team Hoyt story below.



Many of us believe that our lives will be fulfilled with money, but the key to true fulfillment lies in providing meaningful service towards others. It lies in helping and lifting others believe they are great despite weaknesses, flaws, or other life challenges . The Dick and Rick Hoyt story is a perfect example of living a fulfiiled life. After watching the Team Hoyt video, I compiled three daily focuses for living a fullfilled life.

3 Daily Focuses for Living a Fulfilled Life.

1. Commit time to things that matter most

2. Serve others and help them become great

3. Lift others with a positive, "You can do it", attitude

Toward the end of the video Rick Hoyt talks through his computer and says the following, "I may be disabled, but I live a very fulfilling life and if someone takes the time to get to know me they will realize that I am no different than anyone else" and then Dick Hoyt says "Our message is yes you can, you can do anything you want to do as long as you make up your mind, you can do it."

No comments: